What do I do When Death Occurs
Many people are unsure what to do first when a death occurs. Rest assured that regardless of the day or time, we are available to provide assistance. During our initial contact with your family, we will make available our experien
ce, skills, services and facilities. We will assume all necessary responsibilities in caring for the deceased and your family. Our funeral directors will arrange an appointment to meet with your family at an agreeable time. This time together will enable us to record your personal wishes and discuss concerns you may have.
Making Funeral Arrangements
As part of the arrangement conference, our funeral director will provide your family with a wide variety of options for funeral services. We will:
- Provide you with an itemized price list of our available goods & services
- Discuss with you which of our many services you wish us to provide
- Complete a written, itemized list of all expenses, and discuss terms of payment
- Provide estimates for third party expenses such as cemetery/cremation fees, newspaper notices, clergy stipends
- Set times for visitation, services, and final disposition arrangements
- Explain a wide selection of funeral merchandise which may include casket, burial vault, cremation casket, urn, urn vault, clothing and stationery
- Work with your family to compile information for newspaper notices
- Discuss options/requirements related to cemeteries, crematoriums, religious or fraternal services, newspaper notices, Funeral Directors Proofs of Death, memorialization of cremated remains, monument inscriptions etc.
- Provide options and assistance with personalization of services through use of pictures, poems, readings, memorabilia displays, words of remembrance, special music etc.
- Explain services available through our Family Care Coordinator including assistance with Canada Pension and Old Age Security Benefits, Legal Documentation, notifications etc.
Most importantly, we will assist in as many ways as possible.
What Should I Bring To The Funeral Home?
We suggest that the following items should be brought with you to our arrangement conference if available or necessary:
- Vital Statistics Information
- Cemetery Deed or Property Location
- Clothing & Undergarments
- Glasses & Dentures
- A photograph
Additional Assistance We Can Provide
- Cemetery/Crematorium information
- Church/Clergy assistance
- Online obituaries & informationOnline guestbook
- Custom colour photo memorial cards
- Custom video tributes (DVD)
- Acknowledgement cards
- Audio/Video taping of services in our facility
- Burial clothing, if required
- Monument purchases & inscriptions
- Arrangements for Funeral Receptions
- Assistance with out-of-area death
- Airline Compassionate Fares/discounts
- Collection & distribution of Memorial Donations
- Aftercare & Grief Support resources
- Preplanning & Prepayment options
- Funeral & Death Care education, tours, speakers for your community group